It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] IBM RTC 7.x Extensibility Workshop for 7.0.2SR1- Source control folder is not in Team Artifacts

Ludgi Eugene (133) | asked Feb 14 '23, 7:44 p.m.
closed Mar 20 '23, 2:08 p.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

I am having an issue with Lab 1 of the Extensibility Workshop. I am using Eclipse 4.16 and I have been following the workshop for Lab 1 and I am unable to load the repository workspace because there is no Source Control Folder or Repository Workspace Folder. I've already confirmed that I installed the p2 repo correctly. I am not sure how to make this folder appear. Any help would be appreciated

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Mar 20 '23, 2:08 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 15 '23, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is most likely an inconsistence between the Eclipse version you try to use and EWM/RTC. I have documented what I saw here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2022/10/26/the-ewm-rational-team-concert-extensions-workshop-and-recent-eclipse-versions/

I have also seen issues with TLS support and Jetty, which is only fixed in 7.0.3, as far as I can tell. You can always use an Eclipse EWM client that is shipped with the version. The only difference is the folder where the RTC Client Feature can be found as one of the last imports you do to setup the Client workspace. 

Ludgi Eugene selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ludgi Eugene commented Mar 13 '23, 4:35 p.m.

I couldn't install the P2 repo Directory once I downloaded the EWM client that was shipped with the 7.0.2SR1, but I was able to extract the RTC Client feature from the p2 repo and add it to the location mentioned in the Lab 1 Client Workspace setup