It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Service Provider Catalog instead of Project names while associating DOORS with RTC or RQM

Amit Garg (311949) | asked Oct 30 '12, 3:53 a.m.
retagged Jan 03 '13, 10:39 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

We are trying to associate DOORS with RTC and RQM. While adding DOORS projects, the list of projects shows up as "Service Provider Catalog" instead of the actual names. That makes it difficult to find out which project or module you are trying to map.

Is it the expected behavior (if yes, then please help with easier way to find the correct project or module) and if not then can it be considered as a defect.

This setting in CLM 3.0 was very easy to use.

4 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Oct 30 '12, 10:28 a.m.

Hi

I created a PMR some month ago, and here is the answer

Every project/folder name is replaced with 'Service Provider Catalog'.  Every module is replaced with 'Services for <module name>'.  In a complex database structure, this is too difficult to navigate - you need to see the folder and project names in the 'Add Association' dialog.

In fact, for your usage, which involves selecting an entire view, the dialog is useless.  You must always select the entire database "Services for DOORS ERS Repository" or Plans-Implements Requirement Collection will not work.  It is then impossible to select a View - you can only select an individual requirement.  Hence the fact that you cannot find your module here doesn't matter.  You don't need it and cannot use it even if you do find it. 

In summary, in DWA 1.5, to RTC and RQM, you always choose "Services for DOORS ERS Repository".

Anyway there is also a work item in jazz.net

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=235848

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 30 '12, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are following the correct steps, it may be a configuration issue.  Can you check your configuration?

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Oct 30 '12, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Amit,
For DOORs 9.4 and RQM 4.0 integration, there is an restriction: For the Rational Quality Manager V4.0 and Rational DOORS V9.4 integration, only Services for DOORS ERS Repository is supported as a service provider type. So, please do not use those service provider catalogs.

//From Info Center: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_config_doors.html

Hope this helps,
Scarlett
RQM Dev Team

permanent link
Amit Garg (311949) | answered Nov 05 '12, 9:00 a.m.

Thank you all for your responses.

@Scarlett: I guess the next version could be made a little flexible to make it user friendly interface. :)

Comments
Scarlett Li commented Nov 06 '12, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Amit, yeah, I agree with you =), I'm working on improving these things.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.