It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Taskboard in Web Client Showing all Stories in Left Column

Goncalo Soares (13125) | asked Oct 24 '12, 8:25 a.m.

Hello all,

I am using RTC 3.0.1 for running a scrum team. We use Stories estimated in points.

Using the Web Client, when I select the taskboard view of the Sprint Backlog, all the stories are in the left column and the colors of the "post-its" reflect the states. However the stories don't appear in the corresponding column.

This problem only exists in the Web Client meaning that Eclipse Client works fine.

Thank you so much for the help,

Best Regards,

Goncalo Soares

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Nov 07 '12, 8:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is just a difference in the web UI behavior. The left column shows the story (the column header even says "Story") and you can see the Tasks as they move between states (and drag them around). The Story card will always "anchor" the row.

permanent link
Carson Holmes (11113544) | answered Dec 13 '12, 7:11 p.m.
 You can change stories so that they aren't planning items, then they won't be in the story column and can be moved across the taskboard.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 13 '12, 10:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This may work but anyone thinking of trying it should make sure that it doesn't affect anything else they care about. For example, this now makes a Story an Execution Item (rather than Plan Item) so it will suddenly stop showing up on any plan view that filters execution items. For some users that may be an undesired side effect of this change.

Carson Holmes commented Dec 13 '12, 10:49 p.m.

Very true, I only did this once for a team that was adamant about moving stories on a taskboard and wasn't interested in tasking them.  I had to adjust the other plan views to not filter execution items.  I also switched the taskboard to a kanban so there wasn't this empty story column sitting there.  It got them past their initial resistance to adopt the tool.  

Probably in another few months, they will want me to switch it back.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.