It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to "complete a sprint" in RTC/EWM?

Ryan McBryde (5911233) | asked Mar 27, 10:01 a.m.

In RTC/EWM, when you come to the end of a sprint, is there a way to indicate that you want to close the sprint and automatically move the uncompleted work items to either the next sprint (assuming that one has been defined) or to the backlog?

I am aware that you can manually move the uncompleted work items but I was checking to see if there was a feature of the tool that would allow me to close/complete/end the sprint and then identify where the uncompleted work items should go.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Mar 27, 5:03 p.m.
Nothing automatic - this is because it's typically not an "all or nothing" type operation, as often you want to move some items to next sprint and some to backlog depending on your retro results.

I usually do this with the team during the retro, when you look at why you didn't accomplish what was planned and log any impediments. The hope is that you don't have very many items to move - if there are enough that automating it is even a question then that's pointing to a deeper issue and you would look at the sprint planning process
Ryan McBryde selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ryan McBryde commented Apr 16, 4:36 p.m.

Not looking for an automatic closing of the sprint but an action that says, I want to close this sprint, and then are prompted for the disposition of the unfinihshed work as you mentioned.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.