It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not possible to add custom Contributor-type attribute to plan attributes?

Vicky Pagnaer (63229) | asked Nov 29 '17, 6:54 a.m.
edited Apr 17 '18, 8:10 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi,

We've recently added a custom attribute of type Contributor to our work item types.
I'm trying to add this to our plans as a column, but am running into an issue. Below are the steps I've used - am I missing something or does this not work and should I log an issue?

Steps: Go to Process Configuration > ... > Plan Attributes and select Add, choose the custom attribute in the pop-up & confirm, save the Process Configuration

At this point, I can see the custom attribute in the list for "Attribute Mapping" and I can see it in the process configuration source:
<attribute id="com.ibm.team.apt.attributes._owner_ba" implementation="com.ibm.team.apt.client.WorkItemAttribute" internal="false" name="Owner BA" readOnly="false" type="ITEM">
  <parameters>
<parameter key="attribute" value="owner_ba"/>
</parameters>
</attribute>
However, when I go to the Plan in the web client, refresh, edit and try to add this attribute as a column, it's not in the list.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 29 '17, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This works for me in the version I use. Consider to close your browser or use CTRL+F5 to delete the browser cache.

Vicky Pagnaer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vicky Pagnaer commented Nov 29 '17, 7:52 a.m.

Thank you Ralph, that worked!

Side question: I see in the config source that: readOnly="false", however, when I add the column to the plan I cannot change the values by clicking & selecting... It works for Owned By (which is also a Contributor attribute). I cleared the browser cache again to be sure, but that doesn't help...

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 29 '17, 7:55 a.m. | edited Nov 29 '17, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Some attribute types only have a presentation in plan views and can only be edited in the work item editor. The assumption to get the same behavior for an owner type attribute compared to the owned by attribute is far fetched and likely wrong. There are additional warnings for owned by etc. The implementations and requirements for the plan views are/were different etc.

Some attribute types can not even be added to a plan view as presentation e.g. list type attributes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.