It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Hours Done in RTC Plan (Progress Report) considers Cancelled Task

Deepa M S (71) | asked Sep 28 '23, 6:45 a.m.
In RTC Plan  there is a mismatch between the hours in "Time Spent" of each tasks and hours in "Progress Report" -> Work Hours Done. 

"Work Hours Done" considers the "Estimate" or "Corrected Estimate" of Cancelled Tasks if the "Time Spent" is blank.

For Ex: Work Hours Done = 62.5 hours
             Time Spent of all Tasks = 60.5 hours
              Corrected Estimate of Cancelled Task = 2 hours

Cancelled with no Time Spent should not be considered for total Work hours Done

Request to clarify on why tool considers the Estimate of Cancelled Tasks

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 28 '23, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 28 '23, 9:00 a.m.

If you think there is a defect, please open a case with support. Maybe someone else knows the details of the reports and the planning. I do not.

My assumption would be, if the Estimate and the time spent or time remaining show work being done, then this should be counted regardless if the work item got canceled. The work was done and does not go away, just because the work item is canceled.

permanent link
Deepa M S (71) | answered Sep 29 '23, 6:13 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the feedback. If Time Spent or Time Remaining show some work done, considering that for Cancelled Task makes sense but if the Time Spent or Time Remaining is not added for a Task Cancelled, then its not the right behavior.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 29 '23, 7:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Feel free to create a case with support. If there are no other tasks that could contribute the 2 hours, I don't know. What was the time of the cancelled before it got corrected?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.