It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When creating a Taskboard why are the plan items removed based on the status columns I want to show?

Justin Haakenson (111) | asked Jun 27 '16, 2:08 p.m.
If you create a taskboard plan view and let's say an Epic or Story has a status of Pacakge for Production.  A task's workflow has New -> In Progress -> Done just as an example. 

Why do I need to select the Package for Production as a status column?  If I only select new, in progress & done the stories assigned to Pacakge for Production status will disappear.  There is no reason to have the package for production status as a column, since the Story (plan workitem) is not actually moving within the taskboard, just execution items.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  I don't want to show columns that have no meaning to the execution items that are being shown.

To me this is a bug and all stories should be shown that are assigned to the current sprint or have a linked workitem in the current sprint.  To take it a step further an additional filter option could be added to only show stories in a certain status.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 27 '16, 8:32 p.m.

Can you please elaborate what "Package for Production" is? It doesn't sound familiar at all. Are you using a default process configuration or a customized one?

Justin Haakenson commented Jun 27 '16, 9:55 p.m. | edited Jun 29 '16, 1:00 a.m.

I was just making up a status, so yes, customized workflow.  Say a plan item has a customized status of Testing or Validation.  When I select the columns to display in Taskboard type view, if I don't select the customized status and only select the status columns that are valid for an execution workitem type like a task, then that plan item does not show.  I need to select the Plan workitem's status as a column so the plan item also shows.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 29 '16, 1:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the work item state doesn't match any of the column states you are displaying, which column do you expect that work item to be displayed in?

Justin Haakenson commented Jun 29 '16, 11:05 a.m. | edited Jul 01 '16, 3:25 a.m.

The left most column, that is where the plan workitem stays constant and doesn't move.  This is the taskboard view style, not the kanban view style.  The plan items stay on the left and then based on link type the execution items move from column to column based on their status. 

Donald Nong commented Jul 01 '16, 3:30 a.m.

Right, I can see the same thing in RTC 6.0.2 (jazz.net sandbox). If a plan item, say Storey, is in a state not included in the Taskboard Column Display configuration, it will not be shown, if it does not have children.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.