How to export/import process changes?
I'm working in development environment introducing several changes in a process area, which is an ecact replica of the production environment.
During initial implementation, I exported process template from development, I imported the template in production and I created a process area based on that template.
I'm developing now a new process' version, in the development environment. Once tested, how move the same changes to the production one?
Accepted answer
Since you fail to provide the name of the tool you talk about here an answer for EWM that can partially work for other solution components as well: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/SetupProjects
I would suggest to look at process sharing.
Although you can create a new process template from the process you develop, you can not deploy a template on top of an existing project area. In EWM you can use process sharing, or you have to manually update the process of the project area based onsome step by step description.
In process sharing you can point your project area to share a new version of the process e.g. in another project area, or the process in the old project area is updated. This assumes that the new process was developed from the old one.