It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User Authentication when linking RRC 4 and CQ 8

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Oct 08 '12, 5:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have set up the link from ClearQuest to Requirements Composer - but finding there may be an authentication problem.  When I add links to a CQ item from a RRC requirement - my link does not appear on the CQ record.  It is created on the RRC side, but not on the CQ side.

The error in RRC is CRRRW7253W Link from other server could not be created because the other server was not available or communication with it has failed.

Any suggestions on how I get this link to be created properly?

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 10 '12, 3:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 10 '12, 5:05 p.m.
It turns out the problem was more to do with the CQ schema.  I recommend you don't use the ALM schema in CQ - but use a simpler one to start (DefectTracking) - and then add in the OSLC and RequirementsChangeRequest package in CQ.  That all seems to work.

Once you have the correct configuration - the OSLC link between CQ and RRC is really nice - it behaves exactly as you might expect from an OSLC integration (you can add a link to a change request in the Links section just like any other artifact, hover and click-through works very nicely, even get access to CQ queries if you need to find the CQ record).  Not tried much the other way yet (create requirement from within a CQ record).

anthony
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 11 '12, 2:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Great you found it Anthony!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.