It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 4.0 Diagrams are blank - Help !

Adrian Daniels (6312120) | asked Aug 20 '12, 9:14 a.m.
Hi,

I have just installed RRC4.0 (CLM 4.) on to a Red Hat Linux 5 virtual box.
The database is Oracle 11g.

Everything appears to be working fine accept the display of RRC diagrams.
I have created the sample project for RTC, RQM and RRC.

The diagrams are just blank, I can hit the edit button and the diagrams show up in edit mode and I can edit them.
I have tried both Supported Firefox and IE browsers and they both display the same problem.

I can create new diagrams and once I save they go blank, hit edit and I can see them again.

I have looked at the rm and converter logs and there are no errors.

Help !!

Any one seen this before ?

Cheers,
Adrian

Comments
Dustan Daniel commented Oct 08 '12, 6:09 a.m. | edited Oct 08 '12, 6:12 a.m.

I am having the exact same issue, Using IE8, I had this error message:
Line: 15
Char: 44932
Code: 0
Once I setup RRC trace logging (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns#3_Trace_Logging), it appeared to be related to startOSGI Service reference object was null.
After uninstalling & Reinstalling the RRC addon and using different browsers, the above seemed to resolve itself, however I still cannot view diagram type artifacts. I did come across the same tecnote and am in the process of trying it now

Dustan Daniel commented Oct 08 '12, 6:11 a.m. | edited Oct 08 '12, 6:11 a.m.

Adrian Daniels commented Oct 08 '12, 7:32 a.m.

Hi,

My issue was that I had not started the Xvfb on the server at all, so the diagrams were not being captured at all for rendering.
Starting the Xvfb and redirecting the servers display to itself worked a treat.
Cheers,
AdrianĀ 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 20 '12, 11:06 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Adrian,

Is there any error message displayed when attempting to view the diagram?  Usually if diagrams are not displaying properly in view mode on a Linux server, there is an issue with the Virtual Frame Buffer (Xvfb) configuration (missing dependencies, chosen display is already in use, is not configured at all, etc...).  I suggest verifying the configuration using this technote if you haven't already.  Hope it helps,
Adrian Daniels selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.