It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Planned items not showing in eclipse but are showing in web browser.

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Oct 08 '12, 4:42 p.m.
I'm trying to figure out why some items aren't showing up in the eclipse editor vs the web browser. I have a sprint 9 which is only listing 2 stories. Each story has task children but the only way to see these children is through the web browser. When I view Sprint 9 - Story 1 in the web browser I see that it has 3 task children that are assigned to sprint 10. They appear a little dimmer than the story, which I'm guessing is because they are in sprint 10 and the story is sprint 9. When I view Sprint 9 Story 2 through the web, it only has one task which is planned for sprint 9. However this task does not appear as a child of Story 2 in the Eclipse editor.

To make things even more confusing, if I open the Sprint 9 plan in the eclipse editor and click on the planned for items tab.  One developer has 3 issues (which are open) all planned for Sprint 9 but don't seem to show up in SW (Release backlog - team) plan. They only show up if I open Sprint 9 plan. The issues are all 'Resolved' but not closed.

We are using RTC 4.0. When viewing the plans through the eclipse editor we are not excluding anything.

One answer

permanent link
Jeff Turnham (6) | answered Nov 15 '12, 11:53 a.m.
We encountered this issue today as well and it doens't happen for all of our plans.  I stumbled onto the following workaround which does fix the issue for us, but I'm not entirely sure of the implications and whether the performance of working with the plans will suffer:
  1. In the Team Artifacts view, right click on your plan and select Configure Plan...
  2. Under "Advanced Options" select "Always load all execution items" and then Finish
  3. Close and re-open the plan
As I said this works for us and is not required for other plans we have, so not sure what's going on.
-Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.