It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it OK to delete RQM/RRC from the RTC server and add these later if we need?

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Sep 30 '12, 9:42 p.m.
Our customer need to replace their server machine because of the server is lack of capacity.
Current they have CCM/RQM/RRC but they want to only move CCM to the new server (same name and same public URI).

They had moved CCM only to new server as a test and got some warning message.
So the customer is wandering if RTC support removing  Application and adding same application later on.

Their concern is they do not use RQM/RRC at this stage but they might need to use these later on.
So, the bottom line is:   Can RTC support removing RQM/RRC (applications) and add deleted application later on.? It mean new RQM/RRC application, not migrating old data of RQM/RRC.

If so, what is correct process of deleting application and adding new application?

I have seem many users face to invalid consumer key warning once they unregistered their applications.

The example is in this forum:
How to cleanup invalid consumer keys
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17768&sid=109bb1e5ed1f952d49f1762832df4891

Let me know if you know what is correct process of unregistered and preregister the same application.

Thank you,

One answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Sep 30 '12, 9:59 p.m.
Check here:

The following steps describe how you can re-register the application for CLM 3.0.1 Note:Pre-existing RM data will not be preserved!

Comments
Jim Ruehlin commented Oct 01 '12, 6:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that once an application (and the associated project data) is registered to a JTS, it can't be moved to another one. However, you can remove an application and attach a brand new application, which it sounds like is what you're trying to do.

In fact, you can register any number of RQM and CCM applications to a single JTS. Just one RMC per JTS at this time.

ryosuke oka commented Oct 01 '12, 11:19 p.m.

Thank you for your comment, Jim.
That`s what my customer was planning to do. Good to hear that.

Jin Zhou commented Mar 15 '13, 5:12 a.m.

Hi, Jim

Can I continue to ask whether it's OK to register more than 1 RDM(Rhapsody design manager) applications to a single JTS?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank You 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.