It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Two projects updating one with another's contents

Paul Grayem (21810) | asked Sep 24 '12, 6:33 a.m.
 I've got two projects a main and a training for new guys to learn rtc. What's the easiest method to update the training project with what's in the main project. I've examined flow targets but can't  seem to get this to work as the owner always remains the main project. This causes issues because the trainee isn't invited to the main project until they are deemed suitable. Hence the flow is never visible to them. I am missing something obvious. 

Comments
Vivek Agarwal commented Sep 24 '12, 8:32 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '12, 1:35 p.m.

Hi Paul,

Please tell me, what about you are talking about.. RQM, RTC or RRC and what work items need to be copy from Main project to trainee project?
If you are talking about RTC, there is a link: "Move or copy this work item to another project area". Using this link; you can copy main project's work items to trainee project's work item. Please let me know if you are looking the same or something else?

Paul Grayem commented Sep 24 '12, 10:24 a.m. | edited Sep 24 '12, 10:28 a.m.

I'm looking to move the files in the project as opposed to the work item. 

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 27 '12, 1:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
First, you'll want to review the contents of the RTC SCM on-line help (e.g. http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp ).   In particular, you'll want to review the first few sections of the "getting started with jazz source control" article that is referenced in that help section ( https://jazz.net/library/article/41 ).

Then you'll want to set up a workspace to have two flow targets: the main project stream and the training project stream.  Then when you want changes from the main project stream to appear in the training project stream:
- set the current flow target of the workspace to be the main project stream
- accept all incoming changes
- set the current flow target of the workspace to be the training project stream
- deliver all outgoing changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.