It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Impacts of archiving category

Phillip Piper (15812524) | asked Nov 26 '12, 4:46 p.m.
Can someone tell me the impacts of archiving a category? I can't find them outlined in the RTC Infocenter. I'm using RTC 3.0.1.3.

Does it just hide the category from selection in open work items or all work items? Any resolved work items remained filed against them? Any other impacts?

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Nov 27 '12, 2:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Things that are archived are just hidden in the UI.  They are not removed from the repository.  When you archive a category, existing work items assigned to that category, whether open or resolved, should not be affected.  They will still be assigned to that category.  But you will be prevented from assigning new work items to that category.
Phillip Piper selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Phillip Piper commented Nov 28 '12, 10:47 p.m.

Thanks David. Is the same true of archived team and project areas? Just hidden from view but you can still view work items, queries, dashboards, etc related to that area if you need to search for historical information?

David Olsen commented Nov 28 '12, 11:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, the same thing is true of archived project areas and team areas.  They are still fully functional.  They are just a little harder to find. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.