It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk update of few fields in work items in project area of RTC

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Sep 23 '12, 1:39 p.m.
 Hi,
 I want to update few fields with same default value in few work items in current project area. 

After our release of RTC few attributes showing lilteral.i2 some id name.  Its because in current release  we removed that id and used another literal id  so that it will compatible to calculate multiplication of 2 attributes

Earlier This literal id represents default value. so now i want to update few work item's attributes with default value instead of literal.l2 (error)
 please let me know as its blocking our users to use that field.
  Thanks,
Kavita

2 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Sep 24 '12, 2:21 a.m.

Since you removed and created an new literal, instead of just renaming the old one, there is no other way than to go trough all work items and modify the attribute value.

I would try to create a query, and use the Bulk update in the query UI

Comments
kavita herur commented Sep 24 '12, 3:34 a.m.

Actualy we have 3 attributes of this kind getting errors. Want to update all with single default value. I tried with Query select all and right click and change value. But if I try to update one attributes value it gives error for other 2 attributes. no other way in query to update multiple work tickets and multiple fields at a time so that error wont occur?

Erwin Kunz commented Sep 24 '12, 4:03 a.m.

Did you try to modify all parameter in one shot

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 24 '12, 5:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could use the plain Java Client Libraries to update all enumeration values. See http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/ and related posts. The effort might be too high if the number of work items is small. There is also a way to run queries from the plain Java Client Libraries. I will try to blog example code today.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.