It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Continuous Integration with JBE

Jesse Timbang (3211619) | asked Sep 20 '12, 12:35 p.m.
Hi guys, is it possible to run a build automatically when a change has been delivered into the Stream? I'm looking at the build definition and I can see that one can schedule the builds at time intervals but what we need is when a change gets delivered then that's the time the build should run.

Another thing is email notifications. Is there a way for the build to send an email when the build runs and after?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 21 '12, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jesse,

as far as I know this is not possible out of the box today. You could create a follow up action hooking into the deliver process similar to https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 I guess. I know some users did similar things.

With respect to the e-mail: There is an e-mail notification out of the box for finished builds. If you want to avoid the clutter, use feeds. It would probably be possible to extend the notification mechanism in RTC to send these e-mails. Another potential approach would be to use a Java class to send mails from within the build scripts.

If this is not feasible, you could create enhancement request, if there are none already (I did only a quick check). You can develop these kinds of extensions. There is also a team that develops (and maintains) those kinds of extensions for a fee.
Jesse Timbang selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.