It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

We can not restrict a Specific role (Developer) to create a specific work item type (Defect) in CLM 4.0.5

Tariq Ashraf (251017) | asked Apr 02 '14, 3:12 a.m.
Hi,
   I am using CLM 4.0.5, I have restricted the developer role for creating a work item type Defect. But developer can even create a work item of type defect. I have also used the previous version 4.0.3, it was working fine with the previous version. Can anybody confirm that what could be the issue?
If someone is using the CLM 4.0.5 then can he confirm that is this a bug in CLM 4.0.5 version? 

Thanks & Regards,
Tariq Ashraf

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 02 '14, 4:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware that this should be broken in 4.0.5 versus 4.0.3. It is however important to note, that this is role specific and also specific to a team area, if you so choose. A user can have multiple roles. A user always has the everyone role if he has access. So maybe there is another issue with your configuration? See https://jazz.net/library/article/291 for details on permissions look up.

Otherwise you should consider to file a PMR.
Tariq Ashraf selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.