It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can i hide a dashboard tab based on logged in Team Member or role he is assigned to ?

Girish Mohite (21278) | asked Sep 20 '12, 12:06 p.m.
Hi

Can i hide or display any specific tabs on my project dashboard based on the associated Team or Role of the logged in user ?

My project dashboard has one main tab for the projects and few other tabs designed for specific teams.
Can i configure this such that a user can at a time only see 2 tabs (one for his project and the other the team he belongs too ) ?

Please advise if there is any workaround to my above problem ?

Regards

Girish Mohite

One answer

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Sep 24 '12, 3:00 a.m.

Hi

I have no solution to your issue. Just a hint.

RTC has three level of Dashboard

• Project Dashboard
  • Team Dashboard
  • Personal Dashboard

You could put a widget with the Project Teams on the Project Dashboard. And from there each team member could click his team, what would forward him to the Team Dashboard

Hope it helps

erwin

Comments
Girish Mohite commented Oct 01 '12, 7:02 a.m.

Hi Erwin

Thanks for your response.
But we had a requirement to create different widgets/layout dashboard for each Team.

However in RTC i found that we can only have one template under 'Team' level? Can you please advise if there is a way to create different dashboard templates under 'Team' level ?

Thanks for your help in advance..

Regards

Girish Mohite

Erwin Kunz commented Oct 02 '12, 2:24 a.m. | edited Oct 02 '12, 2:26 a.m.

Hi Girish

Did you try? Because when I said Team Dashboard I ment one Dashboard per Team. As you would like

Below you see one way to access the dashboard of each defined Team. There Is also a way using the "Teams"Widget

but Templates in the process is only one for "Team"

Girish Mohite commented Oct 02 '12, 12:32 p.m.

Thanks Erwin

As i said i am looking to create different templates for different teams in the process configuration tab.

This is so that when we create a new project area based on a template which has already been defined per team each team would have their own customized dashboard set up by default.

Can you confirm whether this is possible?

Regards

Girish Mohite

Erwin Kunz commented Oct 03 '12, 2:37 a.m.

Your original question was not about process template :-)

Anyway. No it's not possible. How should the system now after you created a project based on your template that for Team A it has to use template 1 and for Team B an other one.

I would create one template with the different tabs, and after project creation and team creation, remove the Tabs not necessary fo this specific team.

Would be a way to have one template and not recreate a Dashboard at each time.

Girish Mohite commented Oct 03 '12, 5:09 a.m.

Thanks Erwin.You have answered my question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.