It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create a query with a parameter

Mathieu Defianas (15952938) | asked Jul 17 '12, 4:01 p.m.
Hi
I would like to create a query to filter my workitems but with a parameter which is set when a user executes it like ClearQuest.
Is it possible ?
I haven't found this option ...
Regards
Mathieu

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jul 17 '12, 7:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the query editor in both the Eclipse client and the web UI, there is a an icon near the top of the box for each condition that looks like a green arrow on top of an index card.  The tool tip for the icon is "Enable Input of Condition Values when Query is Run."  Click that icon, and the user running the query will be prompted to supply the value for that particular condition when the query is run.
Mathieu Defianas selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jul 17 '12, 9:47 p.m.

This looks like only for work item queries but not for queries of test artifacts within QM?

Dennis Schultz commented Jul 17 '12, 10:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Frank, test artifacts are not work items and use a different query structure. It is possible to create custom test artifact queries and save those queries for later use (even make them a menu option on the action bar), but they do not support prompting for values.

Mathieu Defianas commented Jul 19 '12, 4:12 a.m.

Thanks David ! It works perfectly in the 4.0 version ... So I am going to update my RTC server :-) Regards Mathieu

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.