It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Project access and permissions

Mahari Hill (4861171230) | asked Apr 04 '18, 10:14 p.m.

CLM 605,

All this will hopefully be a quick one. I have two questions:

• Are you supposed to add everyone to the project, and then add them to the group? We had a "heated" discussion between admins about this. One group says add to project, then add to team, the other says only add to team.
  • If a user is "Team Member" and cannot do something like modify team dashboards. And then he is put in Team A as a Scrum Master and can now modify Team dashboards -- he should only be able to modify Team A's right, or nothing at all?
  • Finally, there does not seem to be a "public/personal" query permission. What setup should allow users to create their own and share with each other and team, but not make changes to Public Shared Queries?

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 05 '18, 12:07 a.m.

For the first one, it all depends on what permissions you want the users to have in the project area and various team areas. Do you want everybody to do things at the project area and only a selected few to do things in a particular team area, or everybody to do things in the team area only with only few of them to do things at the project area? Note that the project area and team areas can have different roles and permissions. If a user does not appear in a project area or team area, he should have the "Everybody" role.

For the second one, I expect the same.

If I'm not mistaken, unless you share your query in a team/project area, or particular user(s) (in the Details tab), the query is "private". If it's shared, others can see it in the Shared Queries folder. Public Shared Queries can only be configured in the process configuration, which means that only an administrator can do it.

Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Apr 05 '18, 7:43 a.m.

Hello,

Thanks for the answers. However the 3rd Item is still a bit unclear. I am not talking about process configurations on project creation. However, it seems like your saying as soon as a query is shared, even on the Shared Queries folder, anyone can edit it.

I just ran a test where the project admin created a test query on the Shared Queries folder. A user, who has no role permissions to edit or save any query, was successfully able to go in and modify and rename the test query....

Seems like a defect, but....

Mahari Hill commented Apr 05 '18, 7:46 a.m.

scratch that, i found what you where saying in the process config...it's too early... :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.