It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you send someone on jazz.net a direct email/question?

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284273) | asked Sep 18 '12, 10:22 a.m.
Hello,

I have a follow up question for a IBM developer, but I do not want to disclose information...

Can I send a direct email/message? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Sep 18 '12, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sure! Currently you can find their email address by clicking on their username in one of the RTC Web UIs. Pulling up their RTC profile should show their email address.

We are also working on a new feature of the website where we show our developers' profile pages so you can know who is who and who is working on what.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Sep 18 '12, 11:26 a.m.

Seth,

Is this a permission thing? When I click on users, I don't see their email address.

Seth Packham commented Sep 18 '12, 11:40 a.m.

You need to go into a work item or a plan and click on their username in one of the RTC Web UIs. Pulling up their RTC profile should show their email address.

The Forum does not currently display email addresses, nor does it have a message functionality.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Sep 18 '12, 11:43 a.m.

sorry,

didn't focus on the RTC Web UI part.

2 other answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Sep 18 '12, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sterling

If you look at the RTC project area (for example: work items) and find the user - you should be able to hover over the user name and see the person's details.  Otherwise, you can raise a ticket with support and ask for the question to be directed to the specific person.

The old forum enabled you to send a message to another forum user, but I have not seen/found this function yet.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284273) | answered Sep 18 '12, 11:31 a.m.
edited Sep 18 '12, 11:32 a.m.

Seth Packham

Asked 38 questions 

Comments
Seth Packham commented Sep 18 '12, 11:40 a.m.

Forum does not display email address. We could consider adding this. This is why I suggested to click on their name in the RTC Web UI.

Anthony Kesterton commented Sep 18 '12, 2:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry Seth - I misread your reply and then just said what you where trying to say.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.