It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

variants at RTC component level?

Maxmelbin Neson (1536) | asked May 16 '13, 2:34 a.m.
i am trying to work out a method to have component level variants in RTC.
Requirement is that there should be say at least two lines of development for the component. If there is an bug-fix on the parent line, i need to merge that change into the second line. I could not bring up yet a method using the streams. Any suggestions?

Comments
Josh Crawford commented May 16 '13, 9:47 a.m.

The suggestions below are helpful  If you would like to read more about this there are 2 very detailed articles here:
https://jazz.net/library/article/599/

and

Accepted answer

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered May 16 '13, 5:40 a.m.
 Hi Neson,
                   You can have 2 streams - using the same component and flow the required changes from one to another. Initial creation of the 2nd stream can also be done using a particular baseline of the component in stream1.

Thanks.
Maxmelbin Neson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Henning Sternkicker commented May 16 '13, 5:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

And you can make the second stream as the flow target of the first one. If then someone drags the first stream into his/her pending changes view, you can see that there are outgoing changes from the first stream to the second stream that you can directly deliver.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.