It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scenarios RTC - JIRA

Christophe Tournier (361107) | asked Sep 29 '08, 8:56 a.m.
I would like to know what are the different scenarios when a customer is using JIRA(+SUBVERSION) and is interested in RTC.
The scenarios, I suppose, are the followings :
1. Replacement
After importing JIRA Work items within RTC, create a bugzilla like workflow named JIRAWorkflow and use RTC as JIRA before.
2. Coexistence
Use RTC and export/synchronize periodically to JIRA. (using the JIRAworkflow in RTC)
Is it possible to use both JIRA and RTC like Subversion and RTC?
3. ???

Thanks for your answer!

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Sep 29 '08, 6:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I would like to know what are the different scenarios when a customer is using JIRA(+SUBVERSION) and is interested in RTC.
The scenarios, I suppose, are the followings :
1. Replacement
After importing JIRA Work items within RTC, create a bugzilla like workflow named JIRAWorkflow and use RTC as JIRA before.
2. Coexistence
Use RTC and export/synchronize periodically to JIRA. (using the JIRAworkflow in RTC)
Is it possible to use both JIRA and RTC like Subversion and RTC?
3. ???

Thanks for your answer!

Right now, if you can export data from JIRA into a bugzilla format, I believe you can import it into RTC. Not tried the JIRA export myself (or the bugzilla import)

We have a business partner in the UK (CM-Logic) who is building a JIRA connector. I think this is a connector, not a replacement mechanism where you can use JIRA in place of the RTC work items.

I am not aware of any other options at this stage - but interested to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

anthony

permanent link
Timothy Downs (211) | answered Apr 28 '10, 5:40 a.m.
Hi. Did you have any luck here? Im looking to migrate from JIRA to RTC and i am struggling to find a solution

permanent link
Stephen Toop (11112223) | answered May 12 '10, 4:29 p.m.
Hi. Did you have any luck here? Im looking to migrate from JIRA to RTC and i am struggling to find a solution

The latest release of JazzConnect-JIRA from CM-Logic supports migration capabilities from JIRA to Jazz based products. So both RTC and RQM are supported plus other products that have Work Item support.

Please contact me, Stephen Toop, sdtoop@cm-logic.com to discuss how we can best support your requirements.

We are also at Innovate 2010 in Florida if you want to stop by and see us.

Thanks
Stephen Toop
CM-Logic Ltd

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.