It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define dependent enumeration in RRC

Erwin Kunz (94686986) | asked Sep 06 '12, 3:17 a.m.
edited Sep 06 '12, 3:25 a.m.

Is there a way to define dependent enumeration in requirement composer.

On the UI or with a script?

Thanks
erwin

3 answers

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Sep 07 '12, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know the only way to have an attribute with several options to choose is to make it enumerated.  That is that when you want to add more values you should do manually through the Project Properties -> Attribute Data Types tab to add more values to your attribute.  There is no way to have these values filled automatically updated based on a source they are only defined and fixed values by the user.

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Sep 10 '12, 5:37 a.m.

Ok, my fault. I was not clear enough what i'm looking for is somethoing like in RTC I've a enum A,B,C an other A1,A2,B1,B2,B3,C1 When selectin A in the fisrt enum I would like to see only A's in the second enum

Hope it's clearer :-) Thanks erwin

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 10 '12, 9:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erwin,

There is currently no way to link enumeration attributes such that selections are filtered based on the value of another.  I believe this work item captures your request (Provide ability to define dynamic contents for attribute values - ie. calculated values / dependent values (44985)).  I suggest providing feedback there as well if this is something you want to have implemented in a future release of RRC.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | answered Feb 12 '16, 2:07 a.m.
 Hi  all,

I am looking for same functionality in RDNG . Is it implemented is latest version of RDNG.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.