It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I have DOORS 8.3 and I have to move it to a new server. I attempted to do so but was unsuccessful. I need help.

Scott Simcox (1111) | asked Sep 04 '12, 4:05 p.m.
 I've installed the DOORS serve software on our new server however I can't seem to get the server running.  I'm not sure how to link with the license, etc.  I've found this link from IBM http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21566626 but I'm sure there are quite a few steps in the process that are missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Scott Simcox

One answer

permanent link
Sudarshan Rao (1963) | answered Sep 05 '12, 9:57 a.m.
 This forum is used more for jazz based products - DOORS Next is, DOORS 8.3 isn't. So, I'd recommend you to raise questions in dW forum (the one below is specifically for DOORS Administration):

Trying to answer your question - 
When you say you aren't able to get the server running, I assume you aren't able to start the DOORS DB Server service. If that's the case, couple of pointers to check - 
1. Ensure the "data" directory that you copied over from the old server does not contain "servdata.dtc". If the file exists, rename it or remove it, now try to start the service. [Existence of the file indicates that the DOORS DB Server service wasn't stopped in the old server before taking a copy of the data directory.] 
2. On the new server, ensure registry location mentioned in Step 4 of the TechNote you refer to, points to the correct directory (if you go to that directory, it should contain "conf", "hierarchy" and "v6data" directories along with a few other files).

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to raise the question in the forum I refer above, or raise a PMR with IBM Support:

Comments
Scott Simcox commented Sep 05 '12, 10:01 a.m.

what about the license file and using lmtools?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.