It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When is DNG's Converter application required to install?

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Dec 05 '16, 9:44 p.m.
edited Dec 05 '16, 9:44 p.m.
Hello,

• When is DNG's Converter application (converter.war) required to be installed?
  • If my customer does not plan to use graphical artifacts using "RM Browser Addon”, a converter.war does not need to be installed?
  • When we use only default diagrams with DNG 6.0.3, are RM Browser Addon and converter.war still needed?

According to the following QA, it seems that this war is necessary only when we need to view artifacts via RM Browser Addon. As you know, new diagram editor is released in DNG 6.0.2. we do not need RM Browser Addon to draw and view graphical artifacts. 
RRC Converter installation needed?
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/81115/rrc-converter-installation-needed
"You could actually still create graphical artifacts using the browser plugin, but as soon as you tried to view them outside of the editor, you would get errors due to the converter app not being installed. "
My customer wants to install all CLM applications on RHEL 7. But only converter.war does not support RHEL 7. If converter.war is not necessary, we will install CLM application without this.

I hope you will be able to provide the information.
Natsumi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Dec 06 '16, 1:21 p.m.
Hi Natsumi,
your summary is correct.  The converter application is used to process the graphical artifacts created using the browser addons.  If you customer has no existing data of this form and has no intention to create any then the converter is not required.
The newer "diagram" artifact format does not require the converter application to be installed.
thanks,
Dominic
Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Dec 06 '16, 7:33 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.