It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

URGENT: Attribute "Constraint Date" not set (... needs to be set to a valid date)

Claudia Callegari (44449871) | asked Sep 03 '12, 5:39 p.m.
Struggling with the following problem... I have "Constraint Type" and "Constraint Date" attributes as defined on "Formal PM" process template. I Included the attributes in the work item type, and also in the editors. In addition, I added the "Required Constraint Date" precondition, so the user has to enter a date if constraint types are set to something different to "As soon as possible".

This is working pretty fine in the Eclipse client (and when appropriate the "Constraint Date" shows a red asterisk, saying it is mandatory, which is ok!). I can establish a date and save the WI with no problems.
But... on the Web client, when I enter a value for the "Contraint Date", if I try to save the WI, I get :
"Attribute 'Constraint Date' not set. The attribute 'Constraint Date' needs to be set to a valid date".

Which is more strange for me is that, when I try "Formal PM" on the web, it is working fine! I did a comparison, and I cannot find a difference between what I have and what "Formal PM" has.
The only point of difference is that my process template was originally developed on previous version of RTC (even if it went through the repo migration process).
Do you have an idea of what I should be looking for? I need to fix this problem ASAP!
Thanks a lot for your help!
--Claudia

Comments
Aradhya K commented Sep 04 '12, 12:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Couple of questions Did you added the constraint date and type to the project with Scrum template? Did you added them from the Work items config UI or direct XML copy? What is the version of the RTC in which you are trying?

Claudia Callegari commented Sep 04 '12, 6:05 a.m.

These features were added manually from "Formal PM" process template (not Scrum) when we adopted the RTC 3.x version, following Rational instructions, but we did not anything else since that. I touched xml, but I double checked everything (or I think so) via WI config. Now, adopting RTC 4.0, I added the "Required Constraint Date" precondition. What I noticed, not sure if this can make a difference, is that I have more preconditions (e.g. "Attribute Validation") than Formal PM. I tried to remove them to see if it could be affecting, but no luck. As I said, I am working with RTC 4.0

Claudia Callegari commented Sep 04 '12, 7:20 a.m.

Can it be something related to the migration process? Here is what I noticed: the same template running with no problem on 3.x, is having the problem on 4.0 just after the migration, and without making any additional change. Reminder: the problem is only on the web client side.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.