It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Importing ClearQuest Defects into RTC 3.0.1 through ClearQuest Synchronizer

Tariq Ashraf (25917) | asked Aug 24 '12, 2:47 p.m.
edited Aug 27 '12, 4:46 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I am getting following error while importing Defects or BaseCMactivity from ClearQuest 7.1.1 to RTC 3.0.1.1
"Syncing BaseCMActivity CQ..............................  Synchronization Status is pending blocked."

What could be the issue?
I have added the same user in ClearQuest and RTC.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 27 '12, 4:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tariq,

there is a special view in the RTC client that you can reach from the connected repositories list. It shows the status of all the work items currently in the synchronization. It can help you to understand what blocks the import. There might be required attributes that are missing or something else blocks the synchronization.

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Aug 27 '12, 12:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 27 '12, 12:24 p.m.
Hi Tariq,

Are you hoping to permanently use the CQ Synchronizer going forward?  By this I mean, do you plan to maintain the same data in both CQ and RTC at the same time going forward?

If not, and if you simply want to import CQ records into RTC (and not keep them synchronized), you probably want to use the ClearQuest Import Wizard instead of the CQ Synchronizer.  It is much easier to use.  For more information on the ClearQuest Import Wizard, click here.

If you do want to use the CQ Synchronizer, there is probably a problem with your sync rules.  Like Ralph suggested, the Synchronization Status view may show an explanation as to what the problem is.  You may also find help in the Troubleshooting Guide and the FAQ.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.