It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are my System Defined Attribute Data Types duplicated in RM Project Properties? How do I resolve?

Peter Cahill (311108) | asked Aug 20 '12, 6:02 a.m.
Hi,

For one of my projects in RM space, each of the system defined attribute data types is duplicated - i.e. there are two of each. As a result, the artifact type definitions look to be corrupted (they will not load in the web editor).

Ultimately this is causing a situation where I cannot actually access any artifacts from with that project space - see this question I posted over the weekend.

Question now is how do I delete one of each of the pairings of the duplicate data types? I cannot do this via the web client as I am informed that I cannot delete the offending attribute data types as they are system defined and are protected.

Any thoughts/guidance? Tks........

Comments
Rama SCM commented Dec 19 '12, 11:46 a.m.

Hi Peter,

Any idea what caused it and what was the resolution?

I am experiencing similar issue. I have opened a PMR with IBM, but wanted to see if you were able to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Rama

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 21 '12, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This looks complicated enough that it's probably fastest to resolve by opening a support ticket (PMR).

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Dec 20 '12, 11:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know how this happened to you but as Daniel says raise a support ticket.

Now I see something similar (but not the same duplication of the system defined attribute values) when I do a ReqIF import and the artifact types in both the provider and consumer project have changed, and rather than a merge of the type system it creates a 2nd similar type, attribute, etc.

The duplication can also happen in V4.0.1 with import project properties from another project into one already containing the same types.

Now how do I resolve the duplication of the artifact types.

1. First I determine which artifact type I want to keep, and if necessary merge attributes.
2. If it is the "artifact type2", I use the grid view to show me all the artifacts of the "artifact type" and use the grid to change the attributes for all selected artifacts, and change them to "artifact type2"
3. After there are no more "artifact type" artifacts in the project, I delete this type from the project.
4. After the "artifact type" is deleted, I rename "artifact type2" to "artifact type"

I repeat this for all the type, attributes and data in the project.

permanent link
Rama SCM (4111320) | answered Dec 20 '12, 11:58 a.m.
Hi Robin,

I did import a project template from another RRC instance. And my initial thought was the same that the import might have caused it. After reading your comment I think that is the cause.

As per IBM, it could be related to following issue (one of the symptoms even though it does not explicitly mentioned)

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21612044

My issue was resolved after rebooting the server as stated in the above URL. IBM has temp fix for this. And I think the fix is also available in 4.0.0.1 and 4.0.1.  I applied the temp fix.

Thanks!
Rama

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.