It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can I no longer access my RM artifacts for a particular RM project space?

Peter Cahill (311108) | asked Aug 19 '12, 7:50 a.m.
edited Aug 19 '12, 7:50 a.m.
Hi,

I can no longer access artifacts from 1 (of 4) RM project spaces on a CLM instance. The symptoms are as follows:

1. Project space appears as normal under the "All Projects" view
  2. Artifacts listed in various views and widgets, but the artifact type icon is never present.
  3. Rich hover over a list artifact shows the string representation of the artifact ID rather than the ID itself - for example it shows "_qRdhBOX3EeG1IL6c5yXKdg: Some Requirement" as opposed to "1012: Some Requirement"
  4. Attempting to open the artifact results in the following error:
    "The following resource in the repository cannot be found: https://<myserver>:9443/rm/resources/_qRdhBOX3EeG1IL6c5yXKdg

ID CRRRW7283E  The project that contains the resource might have been deleted or archived, or you might not be a member of the project. To locate and open a resource you must be a member of the project. Ensure that the project exists. Contact your administrator to make sure that you are a member of the project."
  5. I cannot create any new artifacts within the project space either, stating I don't have the correct permissions.
  6. Relationships such as Parent Of/Child Of are not being picked up in views.
  7. ReqIF exports are not working as the correct URI cannot be determined.

Please advise on how to correct this anomaly. I do not wish to have to manually create all of the requirements again.

2 answers

permanent link
Peter Cahill (311108) | answered Aug 20 '12, 5:55 a.m.
I have found what I believe to be the root cause of the symptoms..........for some reason the artifact data types are duplicated.......i.e. there are two of each type and I think the system does not know which data type to associate with each artifact type

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 28 '12, 6:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Peter,

I would suggest contacting support if the types are truly duplicated in the type system.  The solution will vary depending on the current state of your repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.