It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get process template Id of a particular project using REST API

wei gao (112) | asked Aug 20 '12, 4:26 a.m.
Hi,

Is any one ever trying to get what process template a particular project is using? I tried a lot but failed. I used "https://localhost:9443/ccm/process/project-areas/_0b7_wLOVEeG4XIll9We8bQ?noredirect=true" to get all the basic info of a project but none of them indicate what process template the project is using. I also tried "https://localhost:9443/ccm/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/__DWacLXyEeG4XIll9We8bQ" but not got what i want too.

Does anyone can help me about this? This is driving me crazy. Thanks a lot!

2 answers

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Aug 20 '12, 12:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The process REST API does not have complete coverage of all of the data structures used by process. The REST API does not return the template used to create a project area. You could try using the client API which is far more complete.

Comments
wei gao commented Aug 22 '12, 9:26 p.m.

Thank you Chris! You saved my day!

permanent link
wei zhu (1) | answered Oct 30 '12, 6:44 a.m.

hi,

Do you have any answer now ?I have the same problem.

Thanks

Comments
Chris Goldthorpe commented Oct 31 '12, 6:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need to use the process client API. One way to do this would be to extend the Eclipse Client with a plugin which used the process client API and write code something like this

ITeamRepositoryService service = TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService();
ITeamRepository[] repositories = service.getTeamRepositories();
IProcessClientService processService = (IProcessClientService) repositories[0].getClientLibrary(IProcessClientService.class);

to get the process client service. From there you can find the project area you want and from the project area callĀ getProcessDefinition() to get a handle for the template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.