It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running BIRT report on server causes 'The type of parameter "selectedCountry" is expected as "Object[]", not "java.lang.String".' error

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | asked Nov 28 '13, 12:18 p.m.
edited Nov 28 '13, 2:08 p.m.
Hello all,
I have created my custom report with param called selectedCountry which is List Box allowing selecting multiple values. ( see image) Param settings
The report works fine in report designer but when I deploy it on the server, I have following error message after selecting parameters:

Running BIRT report on server causes following error message:
The type of parameter "selectedCountry" is expected as "Object[]", not "java.lang.String".

There is no data displayed.

What should I change in the report to make it working?

I am using RTC 4.0.4.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 28 '13, 12:47 p.m.

Is this really a parameter? the Birt implementation on RTC requires double quotes around the data for parameters.   Birt Designer does NOT require this.

see here

3 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Nov 28 '13, 2:41 p.m.
edited Nov 28 '13, 4:23 p.m.
OK I have fixed issue. You need uncheck "Allow multiple values" option in parameters option. Then the report still allows you to select multiple values in rtc and works correctly :)

I have also created https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=292069 to improve error message to be more meaningful.

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472448) | answered Feb 12 '14, 5:29 p.m.
OK it's work but I have added to add in the filter of each dataset using the param, the following line:
params["multi_ID_WI"].value.split(",") instead of params["multi_ID_WI"]

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472448) | answered Feb 09 '14, 1:18 p.m.
Hello,
    I have the same issue but even I can check multi value, the report generated displays one result.
Could you tell me if you observe the same behaviour ?

Thank you for your return

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.