It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM deployment - Single db instance or multiple

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Aug 10 '18, 8:45 a.m.
edited Aug 10 '18, 9:54 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)

We're running 605 CLM , setup in a distributed env (basically one server per app - we're running 6) using a single Oracle instance.  We have started noticing performance issues as the user load and db size is increasing.

We have about 300 users (not all are concurrent assess), using some 30 different CLM projects (RM, CM, QM).

Has anyone migrated from a single db instance to multiple , and if so did you notice a performance boost? What was the db instance split?  

We had seen benckmarks from IBM but noting covering 1 verses multple db instances.  
Any recommendations as to having multiple dbs - eg. which schema(s) in which instance?
The first one we're considering is moving the data warehouse to its own db.

Any inputs/pro's/cons are more than welcome.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 14 '18, 5:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not a DB expert.
The bigger customers usually run DB Clusters as far as I can tell. It is not necessarily obvious if the DB's run on one specific box, at least not to me. I have seen customers running multiple deployments on the same DB cluster.

You would basically have to check if the DB is a bottleneck or not. You should have some monitoring in place to be able to tell if the app server nodes get in trouble or if the DB seems to be the issue.

I have not seen any hints on how to balance the DB's. I think it would be very individual based on the load you see today. I am sorry that I am not able to provide more guidance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.