It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting work items using migration handler

Ankur Bhattacharya (5897) | asked Aug 09 '12, 8:44 a.m.
Hi,

We are trying to delete unwanted work items as part of the migration process. We plan to develop a custom Migration Handler to do this job. Can you please specify the PJCL or other available APIs to be able to do this? We are using RTC 3.0.1.

Thanks,

Ankur.

One answer

permanent link
Vladimir Amelin (70472226) | answered Aug 09 '12, 10:05 a.m.

Comments
Ankur Bhattacharya commented Aug 10 '12, 3:52 a.m.

Hi Vladimir,

We tried to use the IWorkItemRestService to delete the work items during the repotools import process. However this fails silently and the work items don't get deleted. We also tried the IWorkItemServer APIs, but did not succeed even with that. There is no error in the repotools log but the work items don't get deleted. So just wondering what we are missing here.

Thanks.

Vladimir Amelin commented Aug 10 '12, 4:11 a.m.

Only thing that comes to mind is permissions for the authenticated user. Is this user a member of JazzAdmins? Or it has role in every project area that as permission to delete work item?

Shalini Jain commented Aug 10 '12, 6:07 a.m.

MigrationHandler is getting executed during repotools-ccm -import. Is there a way to set permissions for this case.

Vladimir Amelin commented Aug 10 '12, 6:27 a.m.

Oh, I see.I don't think so, it should use credentials for direct access to DB, without application authorization. I was treating "custom" as self-written from scratch, but not using repotools framework.

Shalini Jain commented Aug 10 '12, 6:47 a.m.

Thanks for your reply. In that case, How can we delete the WorkItems from our custom service which is getting invoked during import.

Vladimir Amelin commented Aug 10 '12, 7:10 a.m.

This work item may contain some clue: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=149428&tab=com.ibm.team.workitem.tab.links

At least it states use of com.ibm.team.repository.service.IRepositoryItemService.deleteItem(IItemHandle)

Shalini Jain commented Aug 10 '12, 9:29 a.m.

Had tried this as well.

Got Exception INFO: Exception while deleting work item: Access violation in component item service. Service component: com.ibm.research.automation.metrics, Model component: com.ibm.team.workitem, Item type: com.ibm.team.workitem#WorkItem

Vladimir Amelin commented Aug 13 '12, 11:03 a.m.

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas here. Maybe you should add some tags like "extending" and "rest-api" to attend people with deeper knowledge of subject.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.