It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I query for CLM repository UUID/GUID?

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Jul 26 '12, 4:25 p.m.
In the XDC files that you can download from the CLM admin area, each repository has its own UUID/GUID and it's stored in each XDC file with a different value appended, such as  _guidJFS  or _guidWORKITEM, etc.

Since my team has configured our Insight server to integrate with multiple JTS, CCM, and QM instances we have to do a lot of manual work with the XDC files every time we add a new repository.  I'm wondering if there is a way to query or view what the GUID value should be a for each repository, using the REST API or some other mechanism?  Currently we're stuck with downloading the XDC files for each and then getting the values from there,  but it seems like there should be an easier way to get the data from the CLM server.  I also wonder, does it really matter what the values are as long as we're consistent?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 26 '12, 4:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is an example:

https://localhost:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/generic?fields=generic/com.ibm.team.repository.RepositoryRoot/itemId
Jackie Albert selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Jul 26 '12, 4:59 p.m.

Thanks - this will make things much easier!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.