It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM V4 running very slowly, how do I diagnose or fix?

Mark Ireland (26115748) | asked Aug 07 '12, 11:11 a.m.
Hi,

On a brand new server installed CLM v4 with LDAP and DB2, it is running painfully slow.
Both CLM and DB2 server has oodles of memory and proc.

Ta

Mark.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 07 '12, 1:03 p.m.
I had a similar issue, turned out to be the configuration for the DNS server.

V4 does a lot more DNS name checking, we think, because of the Server Rename function.

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Aug 08 '12, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Check out the article on JazzMon, and also use the new dashboard widget that helps you determine local machine performance.  JazzMon will not come right out and tell you what is wrong, but it will give you some good statistics so you can make some educated guesses about what areas of your infrastructure may be causing you pain.

(Warning: Shameless self promotion follows)  You might also want to check out the series of performance articles that I have posted on my blog.  Part 1 covers the dashboard widget, and I have completed through Part 4.  Still have to write up parts 5 and 6.....

permanent link
Mark Ireland (26115748) | answered Aug 16 '12, 3:48 a.m.
Hi,

One of our most expert infrastructure bods resolved this, here is his notes in case it may help others!
I will explain that our system is air gapped off the internet and general company network.

Ta

Mark.

1.    IPV6 and IPV4 V6 had been installed on all domain PCs including the DNS server, this was set to Autoconfiguration. This meant while the V4 address was static the V6 could change. IPV6 removed from all PCs as we wont use it anyway.

2.    Network adapter speed set to Auto Detect, not all switches handle this properly (we know ours doesn't) so set to 100mbs full Duplex.

3.    DNS Root hints, I installed HTTP fox as a plug in on Firefox (James idea) and can see the Jazz web pages looking for a lot of external links. The DNS server had its root hints installed so was referring to them for every external web site. Root hints can be deleted on internal networks so all removed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.