It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding new tests to a suite

Paula Izaurralde (6122628) | asked Aug 06 '12, 10:53 a.m.
Have a situation here, hope someone can help.

I have a test suite (30 test cases).
I execute all the test cases, consequently a test suite execution record is created.
After that, I realize that I need to add some tests to my suite (5 tests). I cannot execute them all again, so I execute the new test cases only; not the entire test suite. But the last result of my test suite execution record will show me that in the last execution I only ran 5 and the test execution record will remain as In Progress. What should I do? Should I create a separate test suite?

2 answers

permanent link
Mridula Muppana (1261) | answered Aug 06 '12, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paula,

Can you try opening the Test Suite Execution Record and change the "Actual Result" from "In Progress" to the appropriate one? The last Execution Record would still have only the results of the last 5 tests.

Thanks,
Mridula.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Aug 12 '12, 12:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paula,
There is a new feature added in RQM v4.0, which allows you to run only selected testcases within a Test suite. In the Test suite run dialog, there is a column to specify which testcase to skip for execution. There is also a handy toolbar action, to run only all those Tests failed in last run.
Hope it helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.