It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Multiple testcase generator

Mo R (915) | asked Mar 09 '16, 3:47 p.m.
 Hi,

I have two questions, it would be helpful if you provide your feedback

1. I have one table of test case which needs to be automatically generate

example : general test case is  " Train runs on 50 KM/hr and Green signal ON"

It should create four testcase automatically like 

" Train runs OVER 50 KM/hr and Green signal ON"

" Train runs OVER 50 KM/hr and Green signal OFF"

" Train runs LESS 50 KM/hr and Green signal ON"

" Train runs LESS 50 KM/hr and Green signal OFF"

something like this, do RQM Supports to generate it automatically. I agree we can use Test data , but still we have to have test rows instead of using formula.

2. I have an Excel with 3 sheet , Sheet one needs some input and Sheet two needs some input finally on one button it generates Sheets three with all possible combination of testcases. Will it be possible in RQM?

Simple Examples will help me.

Thanks in Advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 10 '16, 7:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You an use the RQM Excel/Word import utility to import data (i.e. Test Artifacts) from a Word document or Excel spreadsheet into a QM Project area

The Utility has the capability to import one or more artifacts; it would all depend on the format of the data you have and the corresponding mapping file (.cgf)

You would create the mapping/configuration file based data you are trying to import

Additionally, both a Wiki and samples are available to assist you in the process

Here is the link to the Wiki

Rational Quality Manager Excel/Word Importer

If you are dealing we Excel Spread sheets, the Utility can read one or more sheets (again this would be referenced in the mapping/configuration file you create

I would recommend installing the Utility and looking closely at the examples; this would give you good overview of the utilities capabilities

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.