It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RM online migration fails with duplicate role id specified

Robin Parker (32633738) | asked Aug 02 '12, 8:20 a.m.
retagged Dec 04 '12, 12:54 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
Hi all,

While testing migrating our live data from 3.0.1.3 to 4.0 I've hit an error while performing the RM online migration.

---Start entity---
        Error 500
        Duplicate permissions role id specified: testLead

com.ibm.team.process.common.service.ProcessDataValidationException: Duplicate permissions role id specified: testLead
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.util.ProcessValidationUtil.validatePermissions(ProcessValidationUtil.java:304)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.util.ProcessValidationUtil.validateTeamConfiguration(ProcessValidationUtil.java:236)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.util.ProcessValidationUtil.validateProcessSpecification(ProcessValidationUtil.java:96)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.DefaultProcessDataValidator.validateProcessData(DefaultProcessDataValidator.java:130)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.DelegatingProcessDataValidator.validateProcessData(DelegatingProcessDataValidator.java:74)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ProcessService.validateProjectAreaPostSave(ProcessService.java:2946)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ProcessService.validatePostSave(ProcessService.java:2499)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ProcessService.doTransactionalSaveProcessItem(ProcessService.java:1873)
                at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ProcessService$6.run(ProcessService.java:1781)
                at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService$3.run(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:168)
                at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:321)
                at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:245)
                at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:102)
                at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:97)
                at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor380.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
                at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
                at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
                at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)

I did a search and came accross this thread: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/25598/crjaz0656i-error-migration-completed-with-errors which is quite old but lead me to thinking I could fix it by editing the XML source of the RM project.
However, adding the rm repository into the RTC eclipse client fails with an error saying that the server is older that the client so I'm a bit stuck.

Has anyone seen this before / know how to resolve it?

Many Thanks,

Robin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Aug 03 '12, 7:17 a.m.
edited Aug 03 '12, 7:18 a.m.
There's an open PMR for this. I opened it last month. I see that you have a customized RM process template and that's the reason of it. I dont understand why RRC causes so much problem during major upgrades! I believe this defect will be solved in RRC 4.0.1 version.

You might wanna check defect: https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=60788
Robin Parker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robin Parker commented Aug 03 '12, 8:23 a.m. | edited Aug 03 '12, 8:24 a.m.

Looks like we'll have to wait for 4.0.1 then .... :o(

Thanks for the info.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 03 '12, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Robin,

I would suggest to create a defect or PMR to get help. I haven't seen that kind of error. In 3.x there are limitations on which kind of application project you can access, so using the Eclipse client against RM and QM does not work, I think.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.