It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions setup for Artifact Review

Krishna G (151711) | asked Aug 01 '12, 9:04 a.m.
 RQM Version: 2.0.1

Hi,

I'm planning to perform a artifact review process but noticed that there are certain permissions granted to the users, so that they can make updates on the workitem, when they are not supposed to. Can someone help in finding a workaround?

Scenario: User writes Test case and submits it for review from the Formal review section of the Test Case page. Tester has only one permission setup for workitems on his role - "Setting up workitem approvals". why only this permission? (User is able to submit a formal review only when this permission is set).

Issue: Workitem is created after the formal review is initiated. User is able to open the workitem and modify the existing "Record Types" (Ex: for a record that has type = "Review" to type = "Verification"). Also, the user is able to delete the existing records that were either reviewed or approved on the workitem.

We are currently using RQM 2.0.1 as per our project requirement and would want to see a workaround for this, if possible.

Thanks,
Krishna

2 answers

permanent link
Mridula Muppana (1261) | answered Aug 02 '12, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Krishna,

A few questions on your requirements:

1) Is the work around supposed to grant more permissions to the tester?  What is the expectation on the user / tester permissions?

2) Should the user be blocked from deleting the existing records that are reviewed or approved?

Thanks,
Mridula.

Comments
Krishna G commented Aug 02 '12, 1:54 p.m.

Hi Mridula,

Please find my answers below to your questions.

1) I would like to set the permissions in such a way that, a user\tester can initiate the Formal Review process but should not have any access to change the Record Type on the workitem. So, to answer your question, there should not be more permissions granted to the user and the permission that is granted should be confined to initiate the review process but don't hold anything else.

2) Yes, the user should not have access to modify any of the existing reviewed or approved records on the workitem.

Again, all of this on RQM 2.0.1

Thanks, Krishna

permanent link
Mridula Muppana (1261) | answered Aug 06 '12, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 06 '12, 11:42 a.m.
Hi Krishna,

Sorry for the delay in response.  I don't think there is a way to do that in 2.0.1. There was a planned item that went into 4.0 if this is what you are looking for:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/52834

Thanks,
Mridula.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.