It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while executing command line in RPE template after deployment to RQM

Christopher Seidel (136) | asked Aug 13 '18, 5:03 a.m.

Hello, 

i have created a project in RPE to generate a report from RQM. I use the RQMUrlUtility.jar to download attachements of the testcases. It's working fine in RPE but when I deploy it to RQM I'm getting the following error while trying to execute the JAR file (java.lang.Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command)):

TypeError: Cannot call property getRuntime in object [JavaPackage java.lang.Runtime]. It is not a function, it is "object".

Probably is the command line execution disabled like in RPE. 

If it's the case where do I have to configurate it in Jazz/RQM? And if not which other sources could generate the error?

In advance thanks for your help and time.

Comments
Don Yang commented Aug 14 '18, 12:37 a.m.

how did you deploy RPE reporting template into RQM? what is RQM/RPE version?

Christopher Seidel commented Aug 14 '18, 2:59 a.m.

Deployment:

I choose a Project in RQM --> Reports --> Report Resources --> create Resource
There did I upload the .dta File from RPE.

I generate the Report via Reports --> My Reports --> Create Reports and there do i choose the resource i have created right before.

The template is working without the command line access to start RQMUrlUtility.jar.

RQM Version: 6.0.6
RPE Version: 6.0.6

I have placed the RQMUrlUtility.jar in the folder 
/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/jre/lib/ext/<own folder> 
on the server and set the path in the template (in the command line) to it

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Aug 14 '18, 4:57 a.m.

I presume that you are having the commands entered in "Command" property of RPE template element (ex. Include File element) and you are uploading only .dta file (and not .dsx) while creating report resource.
Note that the embedded RPE reports don't have all of the same functionality in CLM as they do from RPE.  I'm not very sure, but my guess is that running commands through RQM/RRDG has never been supported.

Comments
Christopher Seidel commented Aug 14 '18, 5:30 a.m.

I am using the Java-Script Element with:

java.lang.Runtime.getRuntime().exec("java -jar ...");

Yes i used the .dta and not the .dsx.

Would be sad if it's not supported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.