It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight 1.1.1.7 login error

Arturo San Feliciano (4511011) | asked Mar 22 '17, 9:50 a.m.

hi,

I have some issues about login with Rational Insight 1.1.1.7. I`ve installed the product and I need to use a LDAP to authenticate the users. 

I´ve created in cognos connection the namespace and test it (everything ok) but when I go to the login page and authenticate a user, an error happens:

CRRRL0004E: You cannot log on to the report server through an unsupported namespace
If you renamed the Jazz namespace or modified any of its properties, restore the original name and property values. If you deleted the Jazz namespace, follow these steps: 
1. Run Cognos Configuration. 
2. Create a namespace. 
3. Specify these properties: 
Name: Jazz, 
Type: Custom Java Provider, 
Namespace ID: Jazz, 
Java class name: JazzNamespace, 
Selectable for authentication?: true.

I have noticed that there is something wrong in the login page, in other server when I´m doing a login operation the title is 'Rational Insight 1.1.1' but in this sever the login page is displaying 'Rational Reporting For Development Intelligence 2.0'  How can I change the way of authentication?  Why is going thought RRDI Login instead Rational insight?

I don´t want to login to a JazzNamespace, I need to use my current LDAP to authenticate the users.

Anyone can help me?

thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Mar 23 '17, 12:42 a.m.

Hi Arturo,

This "CRRRL0004E" error can occur when user are required to use JAZZ authentication. Rational Reporting For Development Intelligence (RRDI) can only use JAZZ authentication.
As first step, could you please double check if you installed BOTH 'IBM Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence' and 'IBM Rational Insight' packages? (From IBM Installation Manager Installed Packages page)
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSRL5J_1.1.1.7/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_install_ri_auto.html

permanent link
Arturo San Feliciano (4511011) | answered Mar 23 '17, 6:34 a.m.

Hi Cathy,

Installation manager force me to check IBM Rational reporting For Development Intelligence as a dependency of IBM Rational Insight. Both are installed in the server.

I Check the ear to search the differences between the environment where is working and I could find in web.xml that the dispatcher servlet class is different:

NOT WORKING:
<servlet>
<servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.cognos.pogo.isolation.ServletWrapper</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>servlet-class</param-name>
<param-value>com.ibm.rational.reporting.servlet.DispatchServlet</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

WORKING Rational Insight Login:
<servlet>
<servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.cognos.pogo.isolation.ServletWrapper</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>servlet-class</param-name>
<param-value>com.ibm.rational.insight.servlet.DispatchServlet</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

Seems that installation of insight not overwrite de ear/configuration files. I try to change manually the servlet but the server not start (due tu license problems). We are in the trial time yet and on starting is trying to search the license file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.