It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ReqIF - Save/Cancel buttons disabled?

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Jul 25 '12, 12:44 p.m.

Hi All,

We upgraded to RRC v.4.0 last weekend and we are trying to start looking at the ReqIF feature. As an admin who has permission to do everything two of the projects I'm looking at, when I go to Manage Project Properties -> ReqIF Tab (My understanding is that this tab would be even be visible if I didn't have the right permissions). When I am in the ReqIF Tab, i click on the "New Definition" and can enter Name, Description and add artifacts to the new ReqIF definition. However the Save/Cancel buttons remain grayed out..  Did I miss any set up during the upgrade to enable this feature?

This issue occurs with multiple projects and other users with admin permissions are seeing the same behavior.

We are on a Windows 2008R2 server (all apps on the same server), using a backend db of SQL Server v.2008R2. JTS, RM are at v.4. I checked that our browser, IE8 is still supported.

What am i missing?

Thanks in advance!

Comments
Vivek Buzruk commented Oct 14 '12, 5:41 a.m. | edited Oct 14 '12, 5:43 a.m.

I am also facing same problem. Do you have workaround or resolution for thw problem? Does this ReqIF feature require permanant license?

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 14 '12, 10:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

This should work in FireFox.  There was a known issue with IE in 4.0 where the save button was never enabled.  It should be fixed in 4.0.0.1 if you are able to upgrade.  Here is a link to the defect.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Oct 15 '12, 11:08 a.m.

We haven't had much of a chance to play with this feature, in the meanwhile most of the users were upgraded to IE9, which seemed to work..

As of Saturday, we are on V4.0.0.1, so let us see what the outcome of that is.. As Benjamin Silverman stated, the bug is fixed in 4.0.0.1, so we shouldn't have any issues!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.