It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change timeline for a sub team is not possible in Web client

Flemming Ask Sørensen (401114) | asked Jul 24 '12, 3:57 a.m.
 I have created 3 team with a timeline for each team. But I selected the parent timeline for the sub team and want to change the timeline. In the web client it is not possible while it is in the eclipse client. Why this difference or is it just me who can not find the handle in the web client. I am running RTC 3.0.1

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jul 24 '12, 10:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We require all postings to have a clear, specific QUESTION in the title field. Please edit this right away to rephrase the title as a proper question.

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jul 24 '12, 6:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The web client and Eclipse clients are not completely compatible in how they handle all operations. Sometimes a feature (typically a "deep" administration feature like changing the timeline for a Team Area) may be only in the Eclipse client (it was likely developed there first and has not yet made it to the web client). Similarly, many improvements in the Planning component are only in the web UI and have not yet made it to the Eclipse client (and may not depending on priorities and resources). While some people use both clients, there are sizable groups that only use one or the other and the feature sets naturally diverge a bit to successfully support each group. [Note: This is my opinion and not necessarily that of RTC nor IBM management.]

permanent link
May Wong (3712) | answered Aug 23 '12, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A defect 218736 with similar issue has been logged.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=218736

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.