It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize Loadrule for SandBox based on Projects

Dhivya Mohandas (812) | asked Nov 26 '14, 12:02 a.m.
I am using IBM RTC. I want to load some of my projects in a component to a particular location in my c drive (which is different from my sandbox location) . is there a way to customize the loadrule to meet this ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 26 '14, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Load rules specify the layout of items within a sandbox, they aren't used to place a sandbox at a specified location. You should use the load wizard to specify that it should use a load rules file and specify the location of your sandbox to be c:/sandboxworkspace.
Dhivya Mohandas selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 26 '14, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazz SCM always loads into a sandbox. With respect to Eclipse, the sandbox does not have to be your workspace. It can be any folder.

Loadrules are explained here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1015 and you will see that the path is always relative to a sandbox. You can use 'Load as' to load your data to disk and once you have done that, you can generate load rules from them to get started.

You can have multiple sandboxes, but always only one active at a given time.

Not sure this answer helps. What is the use case?

Comments
Dhivya Mohandas commented Nov 26 '14, 6:58 a.m. | edited Nov 26 '14, 10:54 a.m.

Thanks for the Reply..

Yes you are correct SandBox can be any folder. In my case, i have component , in which i have to load a particular project to a location(say c:/MyFolder) which is outside my sandbox location (say c:/sandboxworkspcae), in this case , i cannot use sandboxRelativePath ..

is there a way to handle this using loadrule ?

Evan Hughes commented Nov 26 '14, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can have multiple sandboxes. You can only load items into sandbox, so if you want to load a component at c:/MyFolder/foo, you'll probably load at c:/MyFolder, making MyFolder a sandbox.

permanent link
Richard Reutti (61) | answered Nov 26 '14, 11:41 a.m.
edited Nov 27 '14, 3:50 a.m.
Hey,
You can find the loadrules explained here, but basically they describe the layout of the different items within your sandbox: c:/sandboxworkspace 

EDIT: Sorry, was too quick, saw that someone already answered this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.