It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I enable editmode of builddefinitions in WebUI V.4.0?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Jul 09 '12, 2:23 p.m.
edited Jul 09 '12, 2:27 p.m.
In WebUI of V.4.0 I have an edit button on each row of the builddefinitions (a pencil on the very right side).

If I click on this, the builddefinition editor is opened, wioth exactly same information like I have in the Eclipse Client to edit the build definition. But unfortunatly all fields are grayed out, also the Save button.

How do I enable this? I have not found anything in the permissions. It works on Eclipse with same user.
Note: I'm member of the JazzAdmin group, as well as SCRUM master within the Project and Team area.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 09 '12, 6:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe you cannot yet edit a build definition via the WebUI.  So the pencil icon is misleading.
Guido Schneider selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Jul 10 '12, 2:55 a.m.

So not only the pencil is misleading, also the SAVE button on the form. But if the function is in development, but not finished would also explain, why there is NO create button for the BuildDefinition. If it should be available, then we should write a defect, if it should not be available, we may expect this function in a future release to be finished.

Guido Schneider commented Jul 19 '12, 10:24 a.m.

There is a Workitem describing this and the status:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=164124

Editing is disabled at the moment for all user.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.