It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What condition(s) populates the Quality Manager Requirements Traceability dashboard widget project list?

Craig Raffel (7157) | asked Jul 06 '12, 4:02 p.m.
The "project" list in my Quality Manager "Requirements Traceability" dashboard widget does not show the RM project my requirements are in. It does display all of the other RM project areas inside my repository. I am a member of the QM and RM project areas where my requirements and test cases live and have a requirement linked to test case. The Requirements Manager "Requirements Tracing" dashboard widget in my RM project shows the test case my requirement is linked to.

I have tried the following to populate the project list in the Quality Manager "Requirements Traceability" dashboard widget without success:
- Ran all data warehouse QM and RM jobs.
- Added myself to both project areas with all permissions.
- Examined the associations (they look right but may be wrong).

Comments
Mark Victory commented Jul 09 '12, 2:58 p.m. | edited Dec 17 '15, 3:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Craig,
When you run the data collection jobs, did you do it from the JTS/Admin Reports page using the "Run all jobs for all applications" action?
If so, are there any errors evident from the run?
If you run other Data Warehouse based reports, such as the Defect Listing report, are there values in the parameters there?

Craig Raffel commented Jul 09 '12, 4:16 p.m.

Mark,

I have run the data collection jobs from JTS/Admin, QM/Admin, RM/Admin, and CCM/Admin. They have run successfully in the DataCollection Job Status page. I ran all of the jobs twice in case the one job depended on the results of another.

When I run the Defect List report the parameters have values and I have a collection of defect work items displayed when the report is finished.

Craig

Mark Victory commented Jul 09 '12, 4:30 p.m. | edited Dec 17 '15, 3:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is strange, Craig.
It certainly seems that the Data Collection jobs are working correctly to populate the Data Warehouse.
The list of projects shown in that parameter is simply the unique project values from the Requirements table in the data warehouse.
Here's another question.....
If you run the "Plan Requirements Coverage Detail" report does it appear to be working correctly?
That is does it show any requirements from the Project that is not appearing in the parameter list of the "Requirements Traceability" report?

Craig Raffel commented Jul 09 '12, 4:43 p.m.

When I run the "Plan Requirements Coverage Detail" I receive no results (requirements covered by test cases). The "Test Plan" list populates correctly with all of the test plans in my QM project area and the test plan I selected has a Test Case with a Requirement Link to a requirement in an RM project but I get a "No records returned for report".

Is it possible that my Test Case is not correctly linked to my requirement?

Craig Raffel commented Jul 10 '12, 11:50 a.m.

Do you know if I can look at the "Requirement" table using sqlplus (or something else) so verify an entry exists for my project?

Mark Victory commented Jul 10 '12, 3:25 p.m. | edited Dec 17 '15, 3:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Craig,

Yes you can look at the Requirements table in the Data Warehouse.
Look in the RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT table.

Mark

Craig Raffel commented Jul 10 '12, 3:41 p.m.

I ran the query "select unique project_name, project_id from RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT;" a received a list of 7 projects (requirement project areas). The RM project area was NOT one of them. What does this mean? (thanks for all of your help so far, it is very much appreciated)

Mark Victory commented Jul 10 '12, 4:12 p.m. | edited Dec 17 '15, 3:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Strange.  Does you RM project appear in the RIODS.PROJECT table?

Craig Raffel commented Jul 11 '12, 10:08 a.m.

It does not. I have a lifecycle project name "Blue" with artifact containers "Blue CCM", "Blue RM", and "Blue Req". I ran the query "select unique name from RIODS.PROJECT where name like '%Blue%'" and receive the output "Blue", "Blue CCM", and "Blue QM".

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
Craig Raffel (7157) | answered Jul 12 '12, 3:07 p.m.
I built a new Lifecycle Project on the same repository, made 1 requirement, 1 requirement collection, 1 test plan, 1 test case, 1 test result, a requirement collection link, a requirement link, and ran all of the data collection jobs and finally got an entry in the RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT and all of the project area (of the new lifecycle project) in the RIODS.PROJECT table. Thanks for all of your help.

Comments
Mark Victory commented Jul 12 '12, 3:10 p.m. | edited Dec 17 '15, 3:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You're welcome, Craig.
Still don't know why the original project didn't want to work but I'm glad this one is!

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jul 11 '12, 5:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Craig, that is very strange.
At this point, I think you need to go thru support.
They will want to see all the ETL logs (qm-etl.log, jts-etl.log, etc.)

A couple things:
If you want most of the Requirement based reports to work you will need to create Requirement Collections containing your requirements and associate them with your Test Plans.  That's not required for the project to show up in the parameter but will be necessary for the other reports to work correctly.

Regarding the Data Collection jobs.  I think you're doing this correctly but just to be sure......
The way you should run them thru the JTS/Admin using the "Run all jobs for all applications" command.  By default that is setup to run every day at midnight also.  You shouldn't have to run them directly from the RQM admin page.  Sorry we didn't get the problem sorted out here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.