It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why Client Plug-in is not working in RTC 3.1.0.2 - One particular System?

Muthukumar C (32712833) | asked Jul 02 '12, 7:49 a.m.
Hi,
we have developed a Client Plugin using Java API and the same is working fine with lot of systems. In one particular instance where RTC 3.1.0.2 is installed, Plug-in installation is happening properly, but after restarting the eclipse, Plug-in's Menu and Tool Bar icons are not displaying. But in Installed Plugins list, my plug-in is showing with the proper version number.

We have tried by re-installing the RTC itself. still problem persists.

RTC Version 3.1.0.2 and O.S Windows 7. JDK - 1.6

Any ideas welcome!!!

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 16 '12, 9:44 a.m.
I got the issue...

The problem is due to the SYSTEM Rights for that user. My plugin is not copied in the C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins\plugins due to the Less Rights .

Same was rectified and Plugins are visible in the UI.

Thanks
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 02 '12, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I guess this can have many reasons. I would start looking into the problem view, the log file in the .metadata.. That a plugin is installed does not necessarily means it runs or gets activated, the hope would be the PDE, problem/error views or the logs provide a hint where to look.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 02 '12, 8:53 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

I am unlucky and no clues in metadata .Log files and Error view is empty when opening the Eclipse again...
I am suspecting the JDK version.

How to proceed further ??? :(

Thanks

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 02 '12, 12:43 p.m.
edited Jul 02 '12, 12:43 p.m.
What is the main difference between the various systems and environments where it works and where it does not work? Are there fixed feature and bundle versions packaged that could prevent starting?

Have you tried window>Show View>Error Log ?

Without any indicator what goes wrong, I see no way to fix it.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 16 '12, 11:14 a.m.
Hi Muthukumar,

I never ever use C:/Program Files any more. It is just too bad to handle with Vista and Win7.

I install the Installation manager into C:/IBM/Installation Manager and have an C:/IBM/IBMShared folder.
The Eclipse client and the servers etc go into something like C:/CLM2012/....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.