It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6: Errors when starting Starting the Jazz Team Server in a simple express setup environment

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | asked Jul 09 '15, 7:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 09 '15, 7:44 a.m.
I have installed CLM 6 (JTS, RM, QM, CCM und JRS, Link Index Provider und Global Configuration) on a Windows Server 2012 R2 system.
I did the express setup
When I start the Jazz Team Server, I get ERRORs and WARNs.

13:19:13,524 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR com.ibm.team.jis.lqe.load.LoadMonitor               - Unable to connect to IBM Health Center at <host> on port 1,972
13:19:13,524 [lqe.LoadMonitor-thread-0]  WARN com.ibm.team.jis.lqe.load.LoadMonitor               - Unable to gather all performance metrics. Please install and enable IBM Health Center in the JVM. If you are running Tomcat, you will need to add the following JVM options to the startup script. "-agentlib:healthcenter -Dcom.ibm.java.diagnostics.healthcenter.agent.port=1972"

Why do I get this error?
Ok, maybe I could try to install IBM Health Center, but for CLM 5 I did not recognize those messages. And I'm not interested in this Health Center.

Another effect: How can I see, if the tomcat has been stopped? The Window does not close and the java process is even after 5 minutes still there.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 09 '15, 6:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have noticed the same two issues.  
I just ignore the "IBM Health Center" warning message.
To shut down the server, I just kill it.   The "stop server" script doesn't work for me.

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Jul 10 '15, 3:33 a.m. | edited Jul 10 '15, 3:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

When I kill the server, I sometimes got more ERRORs (CRLQE0482E) reported talking about abnormal termination.

4 answers

permanent link
Scott Patterson (4142) | answered Aug 21 '15, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think that the IBM Health Center is standard with an IBM JRE but not turned on by default. Adding the JVM options is all you should need to do to turn on LQE performance monitoring. The overhead of turning on monitoring is < 1%. If you are running tomcat as a service, these JVM Options should be added in the same place you are setting up the "-DJAZZ_HOME" or "-Dlog4j.configuration" parameters.

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jul 10 '15, 6:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 10 '15, 8:14 a.m.
Now I have installed the RTC Eclipse 4.2 Client and the errors are gone.
Looks like the code used some debug stuff from a developers PC?!

Right now I have only two warnings left...
See this thread.

And Geoff, stopping is now working, too

Comments
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Jul 13 '15, 9:06 a.m. | edited Jul 13 '15, 9:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately the errors are back after running the jts-setup

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 10 '15, 3:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
This defect talks about being unable to stop the CLM 6.0 server:
Unable to shutdown Tomcat7 (349742)

Although it does not mention LQE errors, there are errors in several components. It may be that some underlying problem is causing multiple threads to continue unexpectedly.

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

permanent link
Isabel Murakami (3811515) | answered Aug 21 '15, 11:57 a.m.
Hello Dr. Hans,

Have you observed if the LQE was showing the node statistics about Status, Memory and CPU ?
LQE - Health Monitoring - Details
Select node

I saw a situation where first this issue was observed on LQE and then, checking the log files, the same message was presented: Unable to gather all performance metrics. Please install and enable IBM Health Center in the JVM. If you are running Tomcat, you will need to add the following JVM options to the startup script. "-agentlib:healthcenter -Dcom.ibm.java.diagnostics.healthcenter.agent.port=1972"
Environment using Websphere/Linux

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.