It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Source control folder not visible in eclipse client

V Niranjan (12545173) | asked Feb 05 '14, 8:25 p.m.
closed Sep 08 '23, 1:03 p.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)
 Hi 

I have installed the RTC P2 plugin to Eclipse and after connecting to the repository and the project I am not able to see the source control folder as well as the Builds folder is also not seen.

I did check the developer licensw for the user. It is fine. 

Any ideas why it could be missing.

Regards
Niranjan

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Feb 06 '14, 4:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Some things to try - check if you are a member of the project area, ie the user you use to create the repository connection. Check if you can see the the source folders in the Web UI for RTC.  Another thing to try is create a brand new workspace in Eclipse and try and connect to the project again.

anthony

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Sep 08 '23, 1:03 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Boris Bondarenko (3016) | answered Jul 07 '16, 9:39 a.m.
I know this is an old thread, nevertheless I would like to share a workaround we discovered. 
Issue was the same. User had the correct permissions and license assigned, however Source Control folder was not visible. Only thing which helped was that the user had to search (Search -> Jazz source control -> Repository Workspaces or Streams) for any stream within that project area. Afterward (maybe after refresh), the Source Control folder showed itself. 

I have seen this behavior in Eclipse and VS 2013 RTC 5.0.2 client.

Regards, Boris. 
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Jul 11 '16, 11:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm going to mark this as the accepted answer (to close this topic off). I have not seen this issue in a very long time (so hopefully it is fixed now), but I do remember years ago when I hit it issue, that this workaround worked for me as well.

I should also write here that the lack of proper license (having only a 'stakeholder' vs 'developer' license) will also hide the SCM/Build function from the client. 

Prashanth Tondapu commented Sep 08 '23, 12:54 p.m. | edited Sep 08 '23, 1:02 p.m.

Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Feb 05 '14, 11:51 p.m.
Hi Niranjan,

From the eclipse client go to Window Menu and choose the option Open Perspective or Show view.

souce code visibility

Comments
V Niranjan commented Feb 06 '14, 3:20 a.m.

Hi

Work Item Perspective is there but the Source Control Folder is missing.

Regards
Niranjan v

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 06 '14, 3:41 a.m.

Hi Nirajan,
We need a bit more information to be able to help you:
1. What is your Eclipse version/distribution you are using?
2. What is your RTC client version you have installed?
3. What do you mean that you do not see source control and builds fordler? do you mean that you don't see these two views? Please provide us the screen snapshot from what you see under Jazz Source Control and Team Build section when you click on Other... in the screen snapshot provided by  anoop?

sam detweiler commented Feb 06 '14, 4:24 a.m.

I think he means that the Build  and Source 'folders' are not shown in the expanded project (tree view)  in the Team Artifacts view.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 06 '14, 4:28 a.m.

If Sam is right then please provide us the output from <your-workspace>/.metadata/.log file. There might any errors there.

And the question regarding Eclipse and RTC version is still valid.

V Niranjan commented Feb 06 '14, 7:33 p.m. | edited Mar 08 '16, 5:23 p.m.

Hi

I am using Eclipse Kepler version and RTC is 4.0.3.

Yes the Build and Source Control folders are nto shown in the expanded project ( tree view).

Regards
Niranjan

michal steinberger commented Mar 08 '16, 3:42 a.m. | edited Mar 08 '16, 5:24 p.m.

Hi

Did u find the solution?

Donald Nong commented Mar 08 '16, 6:19 p.m.

This post is two years old and you should open a new post for your issue. Just add one of the possible causes - the lack of proper license will also hide the SCM function from the client.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments